What would you like to see in our future?

A VR room would have the ability to make all these ideas seem real! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

We would love a Piranha shear :), Yes to Virtual reality lab and video production!!

1 Like

Great idea would love to see those kind of classes

We applied for a grant that would include some papercrafting materials, including a cricut. Not sure if we will get it, but Iā€™ll let everyone know if we do get it.

3 Likes

Read that as circuit at first.

That would be really cool we had a broken one for awhile that we were going to ā€¦ something something with. But it never got worked on.

Iā€™ve also been promised one by a member but I canā€™t recall who.

Mentorship on how to take ideas to market or how to start a business off of your ideas.

1 Like

actually this is a really good idea.

One thing I tell people is that you are going to make mistakes. There are some mistakes in business that are unrecoverable. If you burn up a transistor, you can unsolder it and replace it. If you lose control of your IP, you arenā€™t going to make money off of it. Having a mentor where both of you have signed an NDA who can show you the ropes and possibly provide you with a few industry contacts is a huge leg up. I would say the first step to making this happen is to talk to our lawyer and have a standard NDA, and a non compete agreement written up that both parties can sign. That way the mentee feels comfortable that the mentor isnā€™t going to steal his idea, and the mentor has a level protection as well.

3 Likes

If enough are interested, I can do my turning your hobby into a business class again.

3 Likes

I am I am

I am currently learning the ropes on contacts. Im now requiring them for most all of my illustrations and designs. I always thought they were kind ofā€¦ I donā€™t knowā€¦ somethingā€¦ but they really are important. No grey areas and makes everything crystal clear.

1 Like

While I am a former lawyer, and not currently licensed (left practice and didnā€™t keep up my CLE), I can add some on contracts to my business class.

Iā€™m just back from a vacation today, but can get something on the calendar in a few weeks.

1 Like

A maker organization class.

Iā€™ve not mastered this art but made strides. Currently using a Bujo, but I have hundreds of project ideas and things I wanna do that span through all of the areas how do you keep all that straight without it slipping through the cracks?

Emacs + org-mode :grinning:

frowns in VI

2 Likes

I sent in a thingy (technical term) to get this scheduled in a couple of weeks. Iā€™ve got the class size at 25, so sign on up as soon as it is on the calendar. If there is interest, I can do it again in October.

Resurrecting this thread.

1 Like