What am I?

I love when others have done this type of thread!

This is related to a current project ongoing at MakeICT that we can’t wait to share more about! So, what do y’all think this is?

7 Likes

… spark igniter?

5 Likes

I think @xrunner might’ve banned our group from his area by now if that were the case :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

proximity switch?

6 Likes

Basically, yeah! It’s a teeny tiny limit switch for the teeny tiny blue CNC mill. Plus a 3D printed holder we designed for it.

CAD group has been giving this little machine some TLC for some upcoming classes, and I’m super hyped about it!

In a couple of weeks, we should be done with the upgrades and we’ll get it fired up and making stuff.

7 Likes

A mini flamethrower would have been neat though.

6 Likes

Next project?

4 Likes

I was going to say proximity switch, but I see @kim beat me to that. LOL

1 Like

This is exciting and I’m SO glad the your “team” is working on this machine!

4 Likes

It’s definitely SteveO and Jimmy’s team. I’m an enthusiastic apprentice!

5 Likes

I am pumped also. I love seeing all the learning… plus my mind is already going crazy with things I could make with those adorable little mills.

3 Likes

Please share your ideas!

2 Likes

Tiny little coats of arms (Someone at the space did that once.)
Relief carving of some sort of scene (My mom wanted to do this… but not with NC)
Cute little presentation pieces (who wants a Stellar Volunteer coin? )
Dungeons and Dragons figurines anyone?
Game pieces (Who misses the shoe in your Monopoly game? Lets make a mold.)
Metal rubber ducky or some other cute thing like that… maybe your spirit animal?

3 Likes

It came up a few weeks ago (with you maybe?) about doing some volunteer buttons or coins. Different volunteer opportunities could have different coins, and members could collect the whole set.

3 Likes

I don’t recall talking about that… but its a cool idea!

2 Likes

I’d love to set up a system for striking silver coins for volunteers. I’d even donate the silver.

5 Likes

Would be awesome to have coins made with all types of methods and mediums from different areas.

Not sure which committee would coordinate this. @ladeana what do you think would be the best way to coordinate this with volunteer efforts?

3 Likes

Seems like that might be a special project. We could get a group of people together and just do it. If we wanted to get all formal, we could get the board to make us a committee… but if we didn’t feel the need, we could just have a few meetings and crank out a few prototypes. Run the plan and the designs by the board for final approval and we got something MADE!

4 Likes

Committee would be a bit much for doing a project.

Though if we did make a coin striker it would be awesome to haul it to Renfaire too for demo.

4 Likes

Yeah, casual sounds best. And making coins at ren faire would be incredible!!

Maybe in a couple of weeks we can have a casual, fun meeting in a room with the AC on full!

3 Likes