West Hall Floors? 8-12-2026

Did someone do something to the floors because they definitely look different?
Please help @Facilities get to the bottom of this, because it definitely wasn’t us.

Surely not hot enough to melt the wax?!

The way it looks like it was applied around stuff in the hallway, no, it’s not melting wax. Reminds me of the stuff you’d squirt on a tile floor back in the 90s to give it a shiny appearance but was slicker than snot.

It’s strange that there’s almost a perfect straight edge near the pallet in the second picture.

Is there a residue, or do the floors just looked warped?

It looked to me like unevenly applied something. What does security have? Does this go beyond the threshold for getting them involved?

If @Security would like to take a look it’s some time between 7:41 Pm on 8-11 and 2 PM on 8-12

it was me. I have apparently lost my touch in even glossiness I will take all advisement before any other action.

Thanks for trying to make the space look better.

At the risk of quashing any further efforts by members to clean the space, I must say Facilities appreciates (demands) being looped in whenever a member, even a Board member, is going to make a drastic change or undertake a project that will effect the buildings common spaces or surfaces because these are the areas we are responsible for maintaining. While we appreciate the intention this is more than just mopping the floor with our approved cleaner, which probably should have been the extent of your effort to make it look better

Please share with us what you did and what you used so that we can figure out what is required to return them to a better finish. Thank you for coming forward.

I should have let you know. I used the floor finish in the large can. I labeled the spray bottle with a name tag with my initials and left it on a small shelf near the floor buffer machine.let me know if there if there is anything I can assist to improve the situation.

Let’s meet sometime soon to discuss what happened and what we can do to correct the situation.
I will definitely be at the space on Tuesday after 5.
In the meantime,
Is the can of polish that you used still at the building so that we can read the label?

Yes there are a few varieties in the closet where the machines is but I recall only one five gallon one with a spigot and a orange wood stopper

I will be there on Tuesday after five