Welding creepy little creatures

Spring tree! Did you know that you can paint with acrylic over powder coat? I tried it and was surprised that it worked so well. A coat of shellac means it isn’t going anywhere— except to my mom’s house for her birthday.

(This is an end cap for an HVAC duct)

8 Likes

8 Likes

9 Likes

This one reminds me of a raptor on a screen perch!

3 Likes

All your work is really cool Gretchen. I’ve always loved those types of sculptures that move the way the bottom one looks like it does.

1 Like

Gretchen I wish I had your talent!!! Those are amazing!

4 Likes

Great as always!
If you’re on Instagram, look up Barbiethewelder. I think you’d like some of the things she does!

2 Likes

These are so cool!!! Can I use your photos to create some social media content for MakeICT?

2 Likes

Gretchen I would love to see what you and @Pinbot could make together as a collaboration. Greg’s favorite thing to do in his off season is to sit in the garage and build amazing creatures like this. You two have some awesomely creative minds!

3 Likes

Hi Samantha!

Greg and I have different art styles, but that’s part of why I liked seeing his previous projects so much-- he created sculptures I wouldn’t have thought of creating, out of materials I wouldn’t have thought of using.

So yes, I’d totally be down for some collaboration. I’ve been thinking for months about creating something for the garden-- maybe that could be it? Something garden-related and/or MakeICT-related. Maybe something like…a giant praying mantis? Powder coated, of course? :smiley:

5 Likes