Weighted blankets

Is there any chance of there being a weighted blanket production class?

I’ve made one before out of pea pebble for my son. I’d be happy to bring it to the space and give you some tips.

I mean I know how to sell, I know the basic concept where everything needs to go for it to make sense from an engineering standpoint essentially. I guess I’m just looking for someone to maybe look over my shoulder and make sure I don’t mess something up. If you would be willing to do that though I would greatly appreciate it

We’ve got the gravel!

1 Like

The hardest part for me was figuring out how much to put in each square and how big to make the squares. I’d be happy to assist, maybe even have it as January Textile Tribe.

1 Like

January’s Textile Tribe is on the 12th 1-4 is this a topic worth diving into?

I dunno, that’s a pretty heavy subject for such a meeting.

2 Likes

This is a good idea.

I saw weighted blankets out in the retail world, they came in 10, 15, or 25 pounds. So I’d weigh out the material first, then evenly distribute.

People misjudge the weight of small things really badly! I was just telling some folks that I had to stop putting on rock painting workshops at the space because I screwed up my back and couldn’t haul heavy stuff, they were like “how big of rocks were you painting?!” Well, you fill up a 5 gallon bucket with egg size rocks, that’s 70 pounds.

So yeah don’t use gallons of rocks unless we’re playing Salem witch trials or something.

1 Like