Wand on the Lathe and with a Dremel

I have a nephew who loves Harry Potter, so I am planning to offer him a coupon for christmas to come stay with us (he lives out of town) and make his own wand!

With that being said, I figured I should probably give making a wand a shot so I know the specific process. I looked up my old Pottermore account and found my wand specs and made my wand!

It stands on its own nicely negating the need for a holder:

Originally I hadn’t planned to add epoxy to the tip, but the description mentioned something about unicorns and that my wand might drip silver wisps when water is near, so I thought silvery-pearl that glows aqua might be fun, so I cut some of the tip away and added epoxy:

9 Likes

love that it glows… its magical

1 Like

very cool!

1 Like

I really like this Alysa! We should schedule a Saturday in early December or perhaps the one over Thanksgiving, for kids 10 - 16 to come in and make one. I would help them do the lathe work, and you can help them with the dremel work and the tip. What do you think about a collaboration like that?

2 Likes

Thanks! Sounds fun, it’s a multi-day project, though. The epoxy takes several days to dry.

1 Like