Volunteers - Cleaning Day

We got started a day early, and this is currently Room 4. Still tons more work to do to the space but I feel better knowing this had progressed this far. We still need anyone and everyone to come by tomorrow and make the place shine!

Big thanks to @bradcozine for some seriously heavy lifting, and a mysterious yet massively helpful individual who does not want to be named :eyes:

I’m gonna be here tomorrow with my toddler for several portions of the day, so any time you can, please do. I will have a chalk board at the front with a checklist of things that need to be done so you can check it off as it gets done. Please be thourough, take breaks, and log your volunteer hours. See you all tomorrow!

Here’s my number if you have any questions:
8324709893 (text me first, I don’t answer calls I don’t know!)

8 Likes

Here’s a general list! Most areas leads should be handling their rooms, so technically not “all” rooms need mopping, but Room 3 for sure. We did Room 4 today, but that sound equipment and the desks need to be moved and I hesitate to move it without a Board Member or knowledgeable person of it there. But its in the way of vendors so it has to be moved to Room 2. This should not be difficult if we all do what we can, so please contribute in some way to make it look nice and presentable.

2 Likes

So far 3 people including myself have finished moving the tables and chairs and lots of miscellaneous from Rooms 3 and 4, but that alone has taken us 3 hours. Those tables are no joke yall, they’re HEAVY. The chairs add up quickly also. Its not hard to lose steam after getting all that done. Please show up some time today to help, we cannot do all of this ourselves. I’m thankful for all the help I’ve gotten so far, but we’re not done yet.

2 Likes

We are finished. I would say more but I’m exhausted so super big mega thank you to @bradcozine , mysterious stranger, @ElectricGeckos , @deanday , @ladeana , @kim , @gemma and Bill (who I don’t know the forum tag for). Y’all have been amazing, not just today, but especially today. The place looks AMAZING.

6 Likes