Video Game Nerds Unite?

I don’t know if this has been brought up before but is there video game groups for MakeICT?

If there is any intrest in this and no previous other groups I can volunteer to set up a Steam group and/or PSN group and set up a discord text/voice server.

3 Likes

Would also be happy to setup a discord server for us. I have done discord before, but no experience with Steam groups

2 Likes

Might check with Christian or IT to see if there is one already setup for a ‘similar’ purpose.

Not sure how much you guys are into the console side of things, but I think the Wii and other systems in the lounge have been modified a bit. (Careful if you start up Mario kart, you might get a larger crowd going then intended)

3 Likes

I was leaning more towards online play for now since this covid thing is still around. I have several Jackbox party games that I can stream out and anyone with a laptop/pc/tablet/cell can play along.

Also a private Valheim server.

And I have a bunch of humble bundle games I don’t want but if others wanted on Steam they can have 'em.

3 Likes

@IT Yall have a discord server for MakeICT or can we make one?

1 Like

I don’t see any in the wiki or anywhere in the forum via searching. Don’t really want to add anything onto ITs plate when I can just make one in a few clicks. Guess my main purpose was just to see who would be up for gaming over various platforms.

1 Like

That’s a good point. Would you like to make one together? I am at home and can make one real quick, send you an invite and we can go from there?

@MAtherton Here is the link. Working on setting some basic permissions and management up. MakeICT

Took initiative and bare bones’d a Steam group.

Made it public so people can search and join if they have a Steam account.

2 Likes

Tropico, Civilization, Among us?

Are there Civilization fans among us?!? It’s literally the only computer game I play, when the mood strikes. Been playing since the era of floppy disks. :floppy_disk:

2 Likes

I used to play it all the time, but I don’t have a copy that runs on modern computers.

How about Stellaris? Kinda like space civ…almost

I ran a Cube 2: Sauerbraten server for a little while. I’d run it on my wife’s computer and then run batch scripts on it while we played to slow her down.

Then I got caught so she quit playing.

James, some of the stories you tell,…dude you’re lucky to still be married.

1 Like

I do consider myself a lucky guy.

1 Like

I am a member of the just one more turn club. I can lose time real quick in civ. Also have quite a few of the Jackbox party games for long distance streaming parties.

One must settle in for many hours to properly play Civ. Or a whole weekend. LOL

1 Like

I LOVE Civilization. I’m currently on a Diablo 2 Resurrected kick right now but several months ago it was Civilization VI for months (after a year or so break). Hated the Space Civ, though.

1 Like

Space Civ was meh, I played Civ V, but haven’t tried to play Civ VI yet, but would be down to try. Still advocate Stellaris

1 Like