Useless Boxes - Sat Dec 29, 1pm

Hey Makers!

Want to make and take home a useless box?

I’ll be up at Wheat State Hobbies (next to Atwoods off of K15) with a handful of kits to build useless machines! …with a bit of AniDragon’s Artistic touch thrown in!

The circuit will already be soldered together (liability reasons), but you’ll be invited to paint and assemble the boxes.

You can come and go as you please from 1pm tell when they close at

See the link below for more info:
https://www.facebook.com/events/2288999968053604/

1 Like

We ended up having 2 home schoolers come out and build our treasure chest themed useless machines. The class took about 90 minutes and ended up counting as a STEAM credit for the students.

All of the parts were already soldered together, but they still had to make a few connections for the batteries and LEDs. They spent some of the time painting the parts while I explained how basic components and circuits worked, like diodes and reversing circuits. The last half of the session was spent assembling the motor mechanism and gluing all of the decorative parts onto their boxes.

I have since had 2 members approach me about a class on making useless machines. If anyone else is interested in a class, please let me know.

1 Like