Upgrade?! Oct14 PrintJam Fundraiser

I’ve been keeping my eyes peeled for an upgrade to our 4 color press that we have in Printmaking. The one we have is okay… but the registration is difficult to master and rarely holds up for extended prints.

I have spotted one that could be a perfect fit for us, but would require some additional funds. This particular press is being listed for $400 in Olathe. It has 6 color stations and micro-registration.

We have some money in our Printmaking budget, and I’m willing to put $50 of my own money down, along with any other donations. If you’re interested in making a donation to upgrade our space, please consider coming Friday, Oct 14, 6-9 pm to print some of my own personal artwork on a t-shirt or bag. Here’s a peek at the artwork, as I’m still making some adjustments. I’m re-working it a tad to give it a Toto vibe. I’ll post updates.

See you Friday!

6 Likes

If we can get enough others to donate and get the new equipment, I’ll offer $50 as well.

2 Likes

How much total do you need and do you want to advertise the event to the public?

@doug.wilson do you want these donations to go through the treasurer?

I will collect and have them submitted, yes.

···

On Thu, Oct 13, 2022, 1:54 PM Sherry Ibrahim via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| Sherry MakeICT Vice President
October 13 |

• | - |

@doug.wilson do you want these donations to go through the treasurer?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

$400 total. Yes, a public event will be perfect. I just need to tweak my picture so that it’s suitable for a t-shirt print.

2 Likes

Now to add the “There’s No Place Like Home”…

4 Likes

How about “I can’t believe we’re still in Kansas, Toto!” :disguised_face:

2 Likes

6 Likes

Redirecting... event is up

1 Like

The background looked a little naked, so I threw in a sunset.

2 Likes

@doug.wilson is there a color this will look best on, or any to avoid?

2 Likes

I was waiting for you to add lightning… :slight_smile:

3 Likes