Unloading/Moving second laser cutter

U Haul will not rent a trailer to tow behind an Explorer for any distance or any reason. Corporate policy…apparently they got sued once because someone rented a trailer their vehicle couldn’t handle.

Might try trailers and More
https://www.trailersnmore.net/rentals

I have a class Friday at 6pm, that starts in the classroom, and ends in the metalshop. Please schedule around that.

I am waiting on a response about a potential effort saving equipment. The current plan is to perform the first part of the move. Offsite -> metal shop bay in the Friday 2pm-5pm time frame. This depends on who is available. There is a class that starts in the classroom, so we would like to be through the classroom by then.
The second part (unboxing) will last much later.

You can come to help, point and laugh, or call 911. You are welcome.

Tom

I will be there to help Friday the 20th of July. By 2PM with nothing else planned until 5PM.

Mike B

Thank you mike.

If someone could volunteer to bring 3 or 4 gallons of distilled water for the chiller. I think I have some under the rabbit. I don’t recall the capacity from memory. MakeICT will reimburse you unless you would like to donate it.

I can get some distilled water this evening (Thursday). Our current
laser has a chiller that the manual says the tank is 6 Liters. That
would be less than two gallons. There are two full and two half full
gallons of water stored in the bottom of the Rabbit already.

So, unless the new one has a much larger capacity, or there is a fill,
flush and discard, then refill procedure we probably don’t need more
distilled water as much as we need to have material and a plan to make
a ramp to avoid high centering when going through the double metal
doorway from the metal shop towards the classroom.

It looks to me like we need a full sheet of 3/4 inch plywood. both to
prevent high centering and to reduce any sudden speed while navigating
through minimal clearance. The ramp will need shoring that we can make
out of scraps. it should be screwed or nailed to the floor so it does
not slide around.

Mike B

Due to my work schedule, and an existing metal shop class I will not be able to make the laser move tomorrow. As I am scheduled be at the Mini Maker Fair sat morning, and I will be leaving town Sunday, and must prepare Sat I will not be able to take part if it happens this weekend or next. Someone else will have to finish this project.

Thank you all for helping out.

You may also want to give a warning to people with metalshop lockers. If you plan on moving them. Some may have breakable items inside. I know some store ceramics in them.