Ultimaker Temperature Advice

I’ve only used the Rostock in the past, and have had pretty good success. However, I’ve got something more detailed and small to print, so I wanted to give the Ultimaker a try. First, I manually set the temp to 200 via Octoprint so that I could change out the filament. No issues there. Then, I went ahead with the print by sending gcode directly from Slice3r using the Ultimaker profile. I’m used to the Rostock, where I’d see the nozzle and bed temp automatically go up, but the Ultimaker just stayed at 200 (from when I manually set it to change the filament), and the bed stayed at room temp. The print did not turn out that great, so I thought to restart the Ultimaker and the connection to Octoprint. This didn’t help though, and I saw the same behavior with the nozzle going to 200 and the bed not going up at all.

So, I guess what I’m asking is should the nozzle and bed temp get automatically set when printing, OR do I need to always manually set this in Octoprint? If the latter, what’s the recommended temps for the nozzle and bed? Any advice appreciated!

It should work exactly like the Rostock. Make sure you have the right profiles selected in slic3r, and check the temperature settings. They are in the ‘Filament Settings’ tab. It should be set to 210 for the nozzle and 60 for the bed.

I definitely had the right profile selected, but I didn’t check the temperature settings in slic3r. Will do the next time. Thanks!

No problem. They shouldn’t ever get changed, but sometimes it happens.