The ultimaker was having a maxtemp error. I have managed to get enough free time to finally take a look at it. It appears that the temp sensor on E2 (Extruder 2) was unplugged. Plugged it back in and was able todo a filament removal. Not done a test print but it should be good to go now.
What did you do to it?
reconnected the temp sensor.
It definitely needs more than that. I unplugged it after the last 3D Printing class while I was troubleshooting. The E2 Max Temp error is intermittent. My plan is to disconnect the second heater and connect both temp inputs to the E1 thermocouple and see if it still happens. This is to confirm that the issue is in the E2 thermocouple or wiring, and not something else. I already replaced the thermocouple and the wiring and it didn’t fix the issue.
I have done a test print and everything seems to be ok for the most part. Bed needs leveled as the front left side is a bit high but its on my list. Ofc if your having any issues with it please email email@example.com with a explanation of the issue your having.
Well, that’s the thing with intermittent issues.
Ultimaker had a maxtemp error again this morning. I tried cycling power a few times to see if it would clear, but wasn’t sure what else to try.
I went in and plugged a thermocouple directly into the board so if that fixes the issue then it is probably something in the wiring. This does of course mean that the second extruder cannot be used at the moment; I left a note on the machine.
As a side note, plugging one thermocouple into two inputs on the board does NOT work correctly. The temperature reading will be way off due to the interaction between the two circuits.