Ugly Christmas Sweater

I’ll be screen-printing this Wednesday night at MakeICT. Come check out the demo and even have your own printed! Set-up will start at 6:30 (for those curious to see what that entails). Printing starts at 7 and will run until about 8:30. Bring your own shirt (Dark Color). Participants DON’T need be there the whole time. Find 5 minutes in that window and stop on by!

Members and Guests are encouraged to sign up in advance at https://makeict.wildapricot.org/event-5073582 and check out other cool events and classes at Makeict.org/calendar

P.S. I’ve got the tag-line in mind, but I have to make it fit. “Raise Such a Clatter!”

14 Likes

This is amazing

2 Likes

… such a clatter

3 Likes

“Raise Such a Clatter” does seem like a fitting tag-line for your design. I like it!

1 Like

5 Likes

Be sure to print some extras for the give away stand. I am sure this would be popular for those who can’t make it.

3 Likes

I’ll be in the building tonight. Would be happy to do a Facebook live.

3 Likes

It’s set up free for members in the event. Do you want us to cover the cost of ink?

1 Like

I hope others had more luck than I did. I’ve spent a couple hours driving around town and can’t find any long sleeve t-shirts that would work.

1 Like

I went to Goodwill just around the corner

1 Like

We’ll print this again next week. (Not sure what day, yet.) The design was giving us an un-do amount of trouble last night and an updated version should correct a little of those troubles.

We also learned just how much the flash-dryer can shrink a garment between colors. I was growing frustrated trying to solve the mystery of how and why the screens kept misaligning, only to discover that the shirt was the problem. The fix, btw… manage the heat better; don’t let it heat so long and/or adjust the height so it’s not so close to the heat. I’ll toy with that some more on my end, too, as that’s a part of the process I need to learn a little more about.

···

On Wed, Dec 14, 2022 at 8:26 PM Malissa Long via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| Malissa
December 15 |

• | - |

I went to Goodwill just around the corner

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

| xrunner MakeICT Member
December 15 |

• | - |

I hope others had more luck than I did. I’ve spent a couple hours driving around town and can’t find any long sleeve t-shirts that would work.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

8 Likes

Have you picked a new date? I finally found shirts!

2 Likes

I’ll be printing these again on Wednesday night, 6pm-8pm. See you then!

2 Likes