Tufting/Rugs

I was wondering if there as been any discussion or interest on this? I did a search and found a mention from 3 years ago saying there’s was a frame and possibly a tufting gun.

3 Likes

There is a frame and other tools for this (3 small boxes on the closet shelf). The frame is currently in the closet area (or may still be by the yarn if I forgot to put it away). We were discussing selling it as there had not been an interest; however, if people want to use it we will keep it for the members who want to use it.

2 Likes

I didn’t know we had a tufting gun! Coincidentally, there were a few members that mentioned tufting recently… I’ll leave it to this thread to draw them out.

That being said, I wouldn’t mind giving it a go before it’s gone! I’m trying to do a different project each month with a tool or technique I haven’t tried yet. I was actually looking at tufting guns with something like this in mind…

6 Likes

Awesome! I’ll check it out

1 Like

I’ve seen this and want one haha

2 Likes

Have you used one before?!

1 Like

I have not. Always wanted to try though

1 Like

Oh my gosh I would love to use it!!! I had no idea we had one! :scream:

3 Likes

We found it during the big cleanup. Ill add it to the inventory when I do it and we will keep it for members to use. The big frame is the long box and the tools are in 3 smaller boxes.

5 Likes

I have a 36inch ish textile frame adjustable, Ive never used. I can bring it in… if MakeICT has room to store another thing nobody might use. Ok where did i put it last week…?

1 Like

We need to give a go at that tufting gun and check out the frame… #TuftLove!

3 Likes

I found my frame. Its an adjustable 48 inch frame. Its in my van. I may be in house thurs pm

I found my 2 thin boxes . They may not work for you. But they were in my recycle pile for monday pickup. And can go back there if they arent useful.
Meybe not wide enuf?
Make a wider version by cutting and hot glueing them tgether? I brought cardboard too.

And i also loaded my 'spensive roll of tooling teflon/fiberglass stick-on. Its a hot non-stick tooling surface for hot forming some composites.
I hold it close like its SO valuable. And yet and about to use it for the first time in 25 yrs.

Im using it under a chair stand. Im Making a plywood pedestal that lets me slide a heavy captains chair around my work-at-home desk. My spair chair from my van may help me sit and compute longer. The longest ive sat in ten years is my road trips. Now trying to duplicate that at home.

Fyi… The spare capn chair is what was removed from my conversion van to make room for my power chair and hoist. It was gathering dust in my garage.

I found the frame/kit and 5 tufting tools. No gun though.

1 Like

Any shears?

1 Like

Did not see any

1 Like

if I remember correctly, there are manual tufting tools (gun) but I have not see an auto/electric tufting gun.
I also have not see a shears/trimmer, but a cheap Wahl hair trimmer could work quite well.

2 Likes

Is this anything like rug punch (done with a small pointy hand tool)?

1 Like