Toys for Pre-schoolers

Pre-Schooler Toys

Making simple wooden toys for giving away to a head start. 70 toys so far.

I don’t need stuff, I just need to make stuff and this fits the bill.
MakeICT is always looking for grants from the community, thought this was a way to give back to the community. Drop me a note if you’d like to help or donate to the cause. I’d like to keep going and maybe give lots away next Christmas.

8 Likes

This is awesome! Thanks for contributing your making to the community and sharing here with us.

1 Like

How about some Tops?

1 Like

Would you be interested in teaching others?

1 Like

I think it would be great if several of us makers were making donate-able things so I’m open to teaching others to help with this. It would require woodshop safety and shopbot certification first. The toys are fairly simple so its a good project for new woodworkers and as well as a good pastime for senior retired makers. I’d like to explore other simple toy ideas/designs as well. I welcome others to join me and anyone who would like to donate to help offset material costs. Also ideas are welcome as to who would appreciate receiving these toys. Possibly we could laser engrave the toys as well to give MakeICT some credit/advertising. Maybe the MakeICT logo with MakeICT"elves" on them.
Ideas and assistance welcome.

1 Like

One more idea. Maybe Textiles could make simple gift bags for the toys for next Christmas.

2 Likes

Absolutely, just get me a CNC to cut them

1 Like

You should consider going to one of the Sunflower Woodworking Guild meetings. The next meeting is Tuesday February 25th. There is a small group that makes toys. The group used to make somewhere around 500 toys a year. The majority was distributed thru Salvation Army at Christmas.

1 Like