Tormach CNC Training

I want to get certified for the Tormach CNC but I haven’t seen a class for it in a long time. Would anyone be able to help me get certified on it? I do NC programming at my job and I use Fusion 360 to program for the 2 axis wood router so I have a little experience using Fusion 360 for CAM. I have taken metal shop safety and I have taken the class on manual milling. I’m not in a rush and I will try to make any time work that is convenient for you. Any help would be really appreciated, thanks!

@rustin.atkeisson I think I’m tagging the right person for this?

1 Like

Hi Ryan!

Your best bet is to get with Steve Owens and Jimmy Tennant on Thursday nights during their cad/cam time.

I’ve been hogging their time these past two weeks with the CNC plasma, but if you reach out to them, they should be able to help get you going.

3 Likes

Yes Ryan … with your experience and knowledge, it should be a pretty easy authorization. Would probably only take a few Thursdays. Let us know if you are planning on coming in so we can make sure that Jimmy is going to be there and there are no projects planned.

3 Likes

Yes, I will be there for at least the next two Thursdays. Thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

@RyanB Just heard from Jimmy, he will not be able to make it tonight. If you still want to come, you are more than welcome. We can still discuss some things and get you started a little so that you are that much further ahead next week.

1 Like

Okay, thanks for the heads up. I will be there but I will be just a few minutes late