Things left in welcome area

Cleaning up and found some random stuff, it will be in the free area in a couple days.

1 Like

Could you post images?

1 Like

Image didn’t go thru, but i think i got it now

2 Likes

Isn’t that trophy the one we got from the Ren faire? I think it used to be in one of the display cabinets.

4 Likes

The trophy is from renfare

3 Likes

Right… Meant to move the trophy to the display cabinet since that is a traveling trophy.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize it was a traveling trophy. We should improve it while we have it. Add a name badge, replace missing stones, maybe even clean it? If we really wanted to memorialize it we could add a giant base to it, really elevate the trophy.

2 Likes

We were tinkering with ways we could make a better one that would be worthy of going into seige warfare over.

5 Likes

They would be disappointed if we didn’t

···

On Thu, Feb 9, 2023, 20:27 Michael Atherton via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| MAtherton Jewelry Lead
February 10 |

• | - |

We were tinkering with ways we could make a better one that would be worthy of going into seige warfare over.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

3 Likes

That will occur 24 hours prior to the next siege war, nothing like procrastinating to make you artist talents kick into gear.

2 Likes

Thats just keeping with renfair tradition with us at this point.

2 Likes

But can we top building a castle in 3 days?

3 Likes

As long as the award doesn’t end up bigger than the castle, I think we’re good. A chariot comes to mind…

2 Likes

I would advise avoiding a chariot after the last one that was built for the fair…

Though, I do keep getting pushed to make a giant fire breathing dragon.

2 Likes

I had no idea, I just said a word I was familiar with. Now I want to know the story.

2 Likes

It’s not a horrible story, but it was an example of good intentions missing the mark.

The current king and queen are getting up there in age and are having a more difficult time getting around faire. So one of the groups decided to build a giant chariot to pull them around during the parades at fair… That was human powered.

It was a decent chariot, but was unwieldy and did not make for the smoothest of rides… the chariot sat in the shade for the past couple of fairs until Davis reworked the chariot into a stage for the joust field.

…though, this does give me an idea. Maybe we could look into making a wheelchair for her that can handle the uneven terrain of Sedgwick county park that would protect her dress and be more fitting of a queen.

2 Likes

Got to have good shocks.

1 Like

OMG. Now I want to make a big flashy trophy.

1 Like