Things got thrown away

Uodate -
Was confirmed the pieces got thrown away. Hurts my heart but not the end of the world. i was over the 30 days and i can make something new.
BUT - still missing tools. Turn table (salmon/sandy color - i have a pic if needed) and several sculpting tools, plus the board.
I looked around but didnt want to disturb anything.

Hey… not the most comfortable thing for me to address, but my greenware pieces got thrown away. There was 1 board, about 8x12 (?) in size. Holding 6 pieces. They would have been dated either May 7 or 12…and there are pieces in here older than that.
I’m hoping maybe they didnt get trashed and someone put them somewhere. If that was you, please tell me.
Also, i had a plastic paintbrush bag holding several tools (mine) and a turn table (mine too). Plus the boards. Any insight as to there whereabouts is appreciated. I’m already devastated from losing my art, hoping i don’t have to add supplies to the mix.

4 Likes

Thanks so much for posting this Jordan
We will keep an eye out for your tools.

2 Likes

Thank you, i am glad i found my pics of the tools and turn table because they are NOT marked with my name. Hoping the tool baggie is at home somewhere random- fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Please keep me posted and I will def keep an eye out

2 Likes

So sorry this happened to you Jordo, I feel your pain. I’ve had my stuff come up missing off my shelf or people helping themselves to my glazes. Why I got a locker. Unfortunately it happens, not every member turns out to be a good one. As far as your greenware missing, there has been a long standing 30 day policy in ceramics. It has never been strictly enforced exactly but “IS” used at Ceramic Leads discretion. It is used mainly as a way to keep things from overflowing, piling up and getting congested. Many people will come in on a Ceramics Tuesday, make something, put it on the shelf and leave it. That takes up drying space on the shelves. Gaye is the Ceramic lead, she doesn’t like stuff to pile up, so she will go through the drying rack and check to see if anything is over 30 days and pull it. It usually goes back into the reclaim bucket. Bisqued and glazed pieces that are there over 30 days will be put out in the hall by the ceramic door, which is free for the taking. Scott and Patrick use to post what was getting ready to be reclaimed or put on the freebie shelf a week before they were disposed of because they wanted to give people every chance to get their stuff. I’m sure if you let Gaye know in the future something came up so you can’t get to you stuff right away she will work with you.

7 Likes

Thank you :heart: i vaguely remembered the 30 day rule when i saw my stuff was gone, then checked out the wiki and confirmed it is 30 days. I spoke w/ Gaye and she said unfortunately it was time. Lesson learned: i need calendar reminders to make it up to the studio or else I’ll forget my pieces :melting_face::grimacing:

I am sorry about your past things gone missing. That is very sad. Just so you know, i can’t say the same (thankfully) - Gaye found the turn table and i found my little baggie.

7 Likes

Hey guys, thank you for everyone who expressed care about this topic. I really appreciate it.
I wasnt sure how to make a third update to the original post, but i wanted to be sure to let everyone know Gaye found the turntable and i found my tools (they were somewhere random, in my forgetful possession).
Thank you again for helping out.

8 Likes

I’m very glad you found your tools and turntable.

4 Likes

So so so awesome!!! I am really glad it worked out Jordan!
Hope to see you back in the studio soon :blush:

4 Likes