The Two Ring

Just another silvery shiny thing. Sort of doing a proof of concept run on rings to see if I can do a class to make some from silver shot to ring in a reasonable time.

20211129_232217

17 Likes

That sounds awesome, now I need to take the metal safety class!

5 Likes

*Metalshop safety is strongly suggested but not required to use the jewelry lab. Though, if you would still like to take the metalshop safety class, I think I have them scheduled for a Tuesday and a Wednesday the week of maker Mondays.

3 Likes

Thanks, though I am not seeing those on the calendar for December now that I look. Am I missing something?

I was a little late in getting class requests in for December… It might be a day or two before the Events group can get them on the calendar.

The classes will be Tues Dec 14th and Wed Dec 29th at 7pm.

2 Likes

I’m probably going to drag my benchtop grinder/flex shaft to Make tonight and shoot for making an ouroboros ring.

1 Like

@MAtherton that came out great! Bring it Monday! I’m going to go so Gollum over it that you’ll want to slip it on and disappear!

Still needs work. I’m going to name him Samuel.

9 Likes

I think this is probably my best one so far, and the three basic designs I will probably use for the class.

7 Likes

These are awesome! I love the snakes!

I really, really want a belt made of bones. It would complete my earthdawn character cosplay!

I’ll keep an eye out for safety courses I can attend. I have to ask off work for a lot of those.

Like… real bones?

I saw a video on bone carving… like that’s a thing I think.

2 Likes

No! No no!

I was thinking metal or ceramic.

Edit: tho if you could link that video I’d appreciate it. :upside_down_face::black_heart:

Whale bone is for sure.

You can carve other bone as well. I do printing with found object with soup bones.

I 3D printed a bunch of bones with my resin printer. They turned out rather nicely, and the SLA printer makes them pretty smooth that they looked realistic.

Rusty’s Triceratops Skull is pretty cool too.

I’d try ceramics personally just because if I fubared real bad the material/time loss wouldn’t be as bad. And if you made one you absolutely loved you could reproduce it by making a mold out of silicone and resin casting duplicates.

1 Like

Saw this in my inbox this morning and thought I’d leave it here to see what happens…

I’d put a big onyx spider on the top and weave eldritch runes around the band… but that’s just me.

Lol dog jumped up and hit send before I could add the link

https://www.instructables.com/Secret-Compartment-Ring/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email

1 Like

The hinge would be where I’d be driven mad.

1 Like