The Trouble with Tribbles and Printers

Hello Electronic-y Peeps,

To quote our fearless leader, “broken printers are bad news. Pitch them. Laser, dot matrix doesn’t matter, get rid of it. They breed like tribbles…” ~ How to lead the ERP lab - MakeICT Wiki.

In that line of thought, and because the last thing this lab needs is a tribble problem, if this printer has not been claimed by 7/8/2023, the tribble hating softball fairy will poof show up and pitch the printer into the unknown. So far, I have kept the Q Continuum far away from this lab, but there’s only so much little ol’ me can do.

Other details to consider: this printer has been on the work tables for 3 weeks. It has now been moved to the personal project shelves dated today (6/24/2023). Per the personal project shelves guidelines, it may only stay there for 2 weeks without prior authorization from an Area Lead/Assistant Area Lead.

Please, for the love of all that is nerdy, please take care of your printer before it starts replicating.

Signed,
Your Frazzled Organization Captain-In-Training,
Kez

@james.a.seymour for awareness

6 Likes

If not claimed can we donate to hit it with a baseball bat at our own risk? Go all Office Space on the lawn when the grass is a little high and not recently mowed.

4 Likes

@Malissa That’s an amazing idea.
Any money we raise hitting the printer into the unknown could go toward getting a better A/C unit in here. We desperately need a better A/C. Like FabLab’s or Ceramic’s. We’re dying working in here today and the A/C has been on for long enough it should have cooled this place.

@james.a.seymour @Fundraising Can we make this happen??

3 Likes

I feel your pain. Ours in the classrooms are also underpowered and classroom 2 can’t get one without $10,000 in electrical work.I think Patrick bought the one in ceramics. Fundraising meetings are second Friday… so the 14 of July. Think about how you want to do it. We’ll try to check you don’t have sales tax issues.

···

On Sat, Jun 24, 2023 at 3:27 PM Kez via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| KezC Maker Of Things That Do The Thing
June 24 |

• | - |

@Malissa That’s an amazing idea.
Any money we raise hitting the printer into the unknown could go toward getting a better A/C unit in here. We desperately need a better A/C. Like FabLabs or Ceramics. We’re dying working in here today and the A/C has been on for long enough it should have cooled this place.

@james.a.seymour @Fundraising Can we make this happen??

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

3 Likes

I am in KC with multiple doctor appts that day. :cry::cry:
I already have a chunck of this thought out in my head, so I’ll sketch it out and send it to y’all.

Side note: if we don’t get it done before September, doing printer batting practice in conjunction with the member meeting sounds like an excellent plan.

2 Likes

I think there might be an additional waiver needed for this as well. But I don’t even know where to start looking to see if we should do that.

2 Likes

Rustin has some experience talking to the insurance folks about things… he might be a good contact. Email is good if you are busy. The thing most people get in trouble with are the words “suggested donation”. The minute you suggest a number, we have to collect sales tax.

2 Likes

Tagging @rustin.atkeisson to loop him in.
I’ll eventually get an email together sketching out my ideas. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

These A/C units might be worth looking at.

2 Likes