The overly large swingset

The overly large swingset

The grands love swinging so when I asked what playground equipment to build first their answer was a resounding SWINGSET!

so I made a swingset for adults. That will probably last them well into adulthood. All pressure treated lumber and fittings rated to yank a engine out. (Just in case ya know?)

I may need a bit more length on the chain but I have satisfied customers. Maybe a climbing wall on one side…

14 Likes

Looks really nice. And fun.

Rather than longer chains, you might want to bury the legs a couple of feet. It’s even more important with longer chains. If the chains are long enough to get past where the legs are on the ground, there’s a tip over hazard.

My sister and her ex-husband made and installed playground equipment for many years and they learned the hard way that even a well designed and built swingset can tip over in use, and/or be displaced by Kansas storm winds.

4 Likes

I remember my swing set. My Dad dug post holes and put in concrete set the poles in but ours was all metal.

1 Like

Maybe drill a hole in it then dig it down, then drive a rebar through the drilled hole… then fill the dug hole…

2 Likes

The one we had as kids was pipe, and pretty wide legs but we could still get the legs off of the ground, on purpose.

2 Likes

Maybe I should leave it as is. That is a childhood memory of mine too. It does give the wife something to watch for. Keep a close eye on dem kids so they aren’t doing that. which means she ain’t looking for me … XD

2 Likes

My dad buried concrete in the ground with big ole eyebolts and wired all that to the swing set. (Mechanical engineer dad :slight_smile: )

2 Likes