Thanks for Tidying!

I was helping tour the space yesterday and noticed that Textiles and Ceramics looked especially tidy!

4 Likes

I noticed that too. And I had come in on tuesday to join a general cleanup, [and get to know other members] only to learn the big tidy had been on monday. [Frown face].
I wound up attending Kim’s Lasercutter class instead, and still got to know more makers.

Now I need to go back in before I forget my lasercutter instructions. My wider family is talking about how some of the pictures of the grandkids are perfect for making into a puzzle. And I was already shopping for an outfit to do this.
Then I saw the puzzle template while in the laser cutter class. Now I need to get searching for the larger puzzle templates and practice on some less valuable photos bonded to … some low smoke backboard. Not sure where to buy that but Im confident the pressboard scraps I have are “high smoke”. I practiced in class on one and Mario took 10 passes to cut thru. [I didnt try Luigi yet].

2 Likes

How thick was the board? I have had pretty good success with the thinner Masonite. (.121 or 1/8")
Try it on Luigi at speed 10 and power 50.
(I have not had success with the thicker boards… but maybe someone else know good settings for that.)

2 Likes

That makes me really happy to hear!!! I also appreciate everyone tidying their areas because…well I have to tidy everything else :rofl: so thank you for taking pride in your areas and making them look nice for this weekend!!!

It was probly 3/16". I know it wasnt quarter inch or eigth. I will try Luigi for practice. My first run on Mario at 50 and 10, just barely scored the pressboard. I hear the Mario Laser is maybe running weak - recents.

yes I heard we have been having issues with it. Plus Luigi is better for cutting.

2 Likes