Terraforming Mars tonight?

7p tonight (friday) would anyone want to play Terraforming Mars? I know board game night is tomorrow but this game is a longer and little bit more involved. It’s one of the top rated board game right now and I agree! I’ve played once and and way to eager to play it again! Let me know if you are interested!

2 Likes

I would, but I’m teaching a class at 6:00 and probably won’t be done by then. I’ve played it once, and it was quite fun.

1 Like

How long does it take?

1 Like

With 2-3 people maybe 3 hours, and 4-5 people more than that. I couldn’t believe how highly it is rated for how long it takes.

@Christian when would you be done?

1 Like

@anielsen I’d like to play but tonight but I don’t know if I can make it.

1 Like

Probably around 8:00.

1 Like

I’ll be at the space anyway so starting later would be ok too!

1 Like

I saw you all playing, did you all enjoy it do tell.

It was fun. Took a long time though. Apparently it’s like catan, though ive never played that. It’s turned based strategy. The goal is to build up 6 different funds in your “corporation”, that can be spent in various ways depending on the cards you draw, which you choose to buy and keep or discard. Each of the 6 funds are used to increase the community board stats in temperature, oxygen, and land use on Mars in various ways. Increasing these earns you victory points. Once all the stats are maxed the winner is determined by who increased them the most (who has the most victory points).

1 Like