Tennis Bracelet/Earring Set with Amethyst Heart Gems and Gold

Always wanted to try my hand at modeling, metal casting, and stone setting a tennis bracelet. My understanding is that they can be quite tricky to make because a good tennis bracelet is semi-rigid laterally with just enough flex to be comfortable. Not to mention that assembly is fiddly and the cleanup work repetitive.

Modeled in Rhino3D/MatrixGold today.

NEXT STEP: Printing a few test links in a wax-based resin for casting.

3D MODEL

SUPPORTED FOR TEST PRINT

6MM GEMS

6 Likes

Ambitious project for a first go. I’m impressed. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Test pieces printed fine… but those tiny hinges going to be fiddly!

NEXT STEP: Cast and polish.

3 Likes

SECOND test casting in silver before moving on to 14K Gold. Had to make the hinges 50% larger than I originally modeled them for strength.

Now to cast a whole bunch of links… also have to do variations that will be for the start and end link, as well as some with earring backs and pendant jump rings. Yikes!

5 Likes

Very nice work. Look forward to seeing it finished.

1 Like

Ya! All the pieces parts are printed… think they’ll be cast Monday or Tuesday of next week, then it begins!

1 Like

Castings came out good… and surprisingly loops nicely without being loose laterally! Now to solder!

5 Likes

Commence Bejeweling!

6 Likes

That’s turning out really professional looking Brad. Great job.

4 Likes

I’ve been paying CLOSE attention to your Jewelry Journey Brad, and I’m impressed with your progress. I really like what I’ve been seeing. Keep it up!!!

3 Likes

Thank you, Michelle! It’s hard to see progress sometimes and it helps to have someone remind you to step back and look! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Are you making your jewelry at makeict? I didn’t think we did casting. Casting is what I’m interested in most, I would of hit that department up long time ago If I knew

3 Likes

The jewelry lab has what you need to cast small amounts of precious metals