Tablesaw back up and running

The Sawstop has a broken component and a new one is being ordered.
In it’s current stste it is ABSOLUTELY UNUSABLE.
I will update as a timrline becomes clear

5 Likes

Isnt Little Big Tool Store the authorized dealer in town? Whats busted anyway?

a small component on the tilt mechanism. It’s ordered. Could be in by Monday.

2 Likes

maybe this will cure the blade never being exactly 90°.

The blade is at 90 when it is at full lock. The reason it doesn’t align with the scale is that the table has to be moved to square it to the blade. When it was last aligned, it was shifted to the side farther than the adjustment in the scale can make up for.

whenever i used the digital magnetic level to run it to 90, it was always at least .4 off. the fence also had about .125 play in it as well. Im really done discussing this as its always been off in the 5 or so yrs i was there.

Ok, well, bye then. For anybody else, I’m not sure what play is being referenced. If that’s to mean that with the fence locked, the end can be pushed to the side 1/8", that’s true. This style of fence, often referred to as a biesemeyer-style, locks the user end with a cam on the handle. The far end is not locked in place the way it is on most small table saws and some larger ones. That means that you can flex the fence if you push hard enough. Some of that is in the metal structure of the fence, but most is probably from compression of the nylon guides that allow the fence to slide easily without galling the hardware. That’s not really play in the fence, though. And you probably shouldn’t be exerting that much force on the side of the fence anyway.

1 Like

David, I think Shelly is saying that the blade tilt has never been truly perpendicular to the table at the positive-stop 90° position.

You think he would have mentioned it in the 4 years that his soul has been so horribly tortured tho, wink wink nudge nudge.

If I had known, it’s a fairly easy adjustment. So, yes, it should be fixed! Unless the reason is accumulated sawdust… that’s just something that will have to be addressed on a case by case basis.

1 Like

Update. Part has just shipped. I sprung for the expedited shipping. Will be fixed Wednesday or Thursday barring unforeseen circumstances

1 Like

I think I’ve seen it say at 89.9 but it’s always gotten closer than 89.6 for me.

I should probably trust that thing more than I do…

1 Like

Sawstop is still down for the moment. For want of a bushing… If a replacement cannot be rushed, we are prepared to turn our own.

3 Likes

If you think about it, and see this before you call them, you could ask for a couple of those screws that broke if you would rather use OEM-supplied hardware.

1 Like

So, just for the record and to reinforce best practices in using the tablesaw.
The height and tilt adjustments have limits, once reached these limits should not be pushed, i.e. do not torque the wheels. The probable cause of damage is repeat attempts to squeek out a fraction of degree of tilt once the stop was reached, please treat the tools respectfully if not gently.
Thanks, and happy making!

6 Likes