Stick welding class anyone?

is anyone interested in a stick welding class? class would start on a tuesday at 5pm and go till 630. We just got a stick lead and would like to put it to good use.

Stick welding is the cheapest to get into and no tanks are required.
for less than 200 bucks you can get a machine that can easily weld 1/4 plate… a comparable mig/tig setup would be in the $600 range plus $200+ tank.

the biggest advantage to stick is you can weld in windy weather…which in Kansas means outdoors. It is much more tolerant of rusty or painted materials, doesnt need a tank, and if you are making a bad weld you will know it (mig sometimes a weld can look great but not penetrate the base metal)

downside is it requires removing slag, is harder to learn than mig (easier than tig), and struggles with thin metals 16ga and below.

if we get 2-3 people ill put it on the calendar
Thanks for the read,
Jimmy

2 Likes

I’d like to learn.

2 Likes

I’m in for a Tuesday.

2 Likes

Put me down.

2 Likes

Yes! Thanks.

2 Likes

And one more, a friend wants to join in the melty fun.

1 Like

I would be interested. Is this on the calendar yet? I didn’t see it anywhere.

Do we have a day and time yet?

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, I have successfully stick welded with the tig welder after a few issues (foot petal has to be unplugged) and have all of the materials on hand. Classes will begin on Tusday May 28th at and be offered once a month until interest falls.

2 Likes

due to a conflict the class just got posted for next week, feel free to sign up now

Jimmy