Stained glass

I heard there may be tools and supplies for stained glass. Maybe someone who i could pay to teach me how to do it. I really just have 3 projects my grandma started 40years ago i want to finish

5 Likes

Contact SAGA, she does stained glass, and did classes in the past

3 Likes

Ooh I would also be interested in a class!

3 Likes

Hmmm, I wouldn’t hate a class either :face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

@Saga

2 Likes

Let me put something together. It will likely be an open work night where I will be available to help folks. I can bring patterns for those who have no experience.

7 Likes

That would be great. If i recall the projects i have are 80% done. Just only 1 side got soldered and a peice or two have fallen off over time from them being moved. While i can youtube anything, id like to learn in person vs watching videos and always have questions answered

1 Like

Hey friends, I apologize and I hate to announce that I’m moving due to recently passed transphobic laws in the state of Kansas. I will not be available to teach the class.

7 Likes

@Saga Sorry the silly laws in this state has made you not want to be here, but I totally understand. I hope you enjoy life much more where you move to. Good luck. Too bad they have to go out of their way to make people not want to live in certain places.

4 Likes

I’m ashamed to admit that my representative was one that got a lot of people upset when he voted the way he did. He was a hand picked successor to a woman who must have been spinning in her grave over his statements and votes.

I hope you find all the success and freedom that you (and everyone else) deserve. I’m sorry to see you go, but maybe a few people that thought they weren’t affected by the legislation will understand that whenever we don’t have an inclusive society that we are all poorer because of it.

5 Likes

Sorry you are leaving. I feel shame and embarrassed for the People of Kansas and the “BIGOTED” turn we took. There is “NOTHING” of value I want my family to learn from this type of aggressive behavior towards others. Please find a place you feel safe and can call home.

4 Likes

I hate to see you leave, especially for this reason. I enjoyed working on Facilities committee with you.

4 Likes

Hey all, those still interested in learning stained glass/lampwork we’ve recently had a new member join with experience. I’m working with her to get some more tooling for the glass cart so she can get some classes rolling. Keep an eye out into the near future and I’ll try to give a heads up on this forum post beforehand.

And I’d like to echo the profound sadness that you’re leaving Saga, but I hope you fine a place of peace where you can pursue your happiness. MakeICT is diminished for it.

5 Likes

I’m not 100% on this but I think Frank and Carol use to do stained glass. I think I heard them mention it a few years back. Maybe they have ideas or resources for affordable glass.

2 Likes

on another glass related note; I’ve been interested in Glass Fusing for a long time. It can easily be done in a programable ceramic kiln. Not sure if anyone is interested in doing that but me.

3 Likes

The same person wanting to do the stained glass is also wanting to do glass fusion, and Jewelry Lab has a baby kiln just for it.

4 Likes

Now you have 2 people interested in glass fusion

3 Likes

I’m also interested in Glass Fusion. I have some very limited experience in Glass Fusing and Lampwork (I have taken classes at City Arts). My wife wants me to slump a glass wine bottle. I have been resisting for a while because I don’t have access to a kiln. I don’t think that the kilns in the Jewelry Lab would be big enough to fit a glass bottle.

3 Likes