Sports ball

I had a class not fill up tonight which is weird for me but then I learned there’s a chiefs game. Ah! So in case any of you other nerds like me are oblivious to sporting events, avoid Sunday nights until AFTER February 11th.

I still have some people in my class.

And then it’ll be basketball stuff so if the shockers are in the tournament there’s a whole other thing to pay attention to but I can’t handle that right now!

I’m also debating whether to tell my family I have paramount plus, apparently it’s got football on it now but we just use it for Star Trek.

9 Likes

I TOTALLY wanted to come, but made a last minute decision to keep playing Grounded with my husband…its a really fun game lol :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: I will absolutely take one in the future though, because as fun as it was, I wanted to learn a new skill and had some regret for not taking the class last night :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Yes it’s h ball season. Bounce ball is in full force, my grand daughter is playing bouncy ball this year and so I’m going to games.

Actually,

We could easily put together an python script that would take all of the sports stats as input and predict this years Superbowl winner. There is probably one that already does somewhere.

1 Like

Grounded is SO fun!

2 Likes

@r3mm13 you should have come! @bradcozine left me with some scrap acrylic that we put to good use… check it out :slight_smile: the first time I taught this class I thought “it’s fun to teach folks to cut out a sticker but they also need to learn the fine art of putting a sticker ON something” so I cut out some key tags before class did and everybody loved them! I’ll have to use this for the class FB photo next time…

10 Likes

:sob::sob::sob::sob: well now I’m sad because that sounds so cool, weh!!! I will go to the next one!!!

2 Likes

I really like those! Just message me whatever picture you’d like for your class!

1 Like

I accidently uploaded a photo of my kid on a frozen creek the first time I posted this but I deleted it so I assure you, it’s the photo of the tag made at MakeICT :smiley:

4 Likes

I even got to design my own!!! Thanks Kim!

4 Likes

Those look awesome. I love the little acrylic pieces as an added touch. Much better result than simply going to cardstock. I can imagine what it will be like when a multi-color class is taught.

Thanks @kim for giving that machine life again. You always have such great ideas for classes.

3 Likes

Today I tried out another possible project… makeICT logo rulers! I wondered if they’d be good for a class. The answer? Absolutely not! Our logo sucks to vinyl cut there are too many damn pieces it took me six tries to get the little nut, gear, cord to work out but the ones I made are hanging on the fab peg board and this photo might be cute for other social media needs so I thought I’d post it anyway :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Was that because they were hard to cut? Or hard to get to stick to the ruler instead of the masking paper?

Don’t make rulers. I have a big box of them. LOL!

2 Likes

Would the logo work better if it was bigger? Like to put on a car window?

1 Like

Hard to weed. Too many tiny pieces.

2 Likes

@Communication (for pictures, if you want them)

1 Like

I do indeed as long as Kim is cool with that?

1 Like

I’m cool with that!

2 Likes