Speed cube meetup Sunday Jan 21 1-4pm

Makers! I learned this year that we have a very active speed cubing community in Wichita, but they’d never heard of MakeICT. They meet up in houses, etc… I was like well whenever nerds gather together, we are there. Right? So I offered to host this meetup.

It is on facebook (thanks Trisha!)

I’m sure it will be on our calendar soon, I sent a few requests to classroom/events but it’s the holidays and the event is a ways off so I’m not too concerned.

Sunday January 21
1-4pm
Great Plains Cubing Meetup

5 Likes

Added to the calendar.

3 Likes

Thanks Gemma!

1 Like

Very awesome! There so many small unground groups in Wichita. I am actually involved in 2 groups that are struggling for a meetup location also. How would I go about doing a meetup at MakeICT also?

Hey tru I’m going to say start by filling out the form at http://makeict.org/reservations/

But understand that the calendar adders are a small group so post here if you don’t get a response and we’ll figure out how to get you to the right folks.

4 Likes

This is tomorrow!

It didn’t exactly go as social media viral as I thought it would but there should still be a decent turnout and I hope we have fun. If other members are available for hosting/tours it’d be great if you’d stop by for a few minutes, if it’s a small crowd I’ve got it handled but you never know.

2 Likes

I expect to be dropping by. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s the warmest room?

1 Like

Not sure… maybe the kitchen. If it is sunny out, maybe room 2 if we open the curtains. I think there might be something going on with Room 4 heating… during the board meeting, it didn’t get to 60 even though it was on… but when we kicked it later, it seemed to work.

1 Like

Room 3 is usually in the mid to high sixties when it is turned on early. I will probably be there for at least part of the SCA stuff, so I will for sure turn that one on.

1 Like