Small business grant Sedgwick County

Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:

• Be a for-profit business with a physical location in Sedgwick County, Kansas that was in operation on or before March 1st, 2020 and has experienced disruption due to the COVID-19 global pandemic
  • Has experienced business interruption as a result of the COVID-19 public health emergency
  • Is at least 50% owned by one or more residents of Kansas (individuals or entities)

The following entity types are not considered eligible to apply:

• Publicly traded companies
  • Non-profit organization

Grant Awards and Eligible Costs

Grant awards are as follows for eligible applicants:

• Qualified eligible businesses may receive up to $5,000.

Eligible businesses receiving funds from Sedgwick County will be required to certify that they will only use proceeds for:

• Accounts payable, including utilities, vendors, suppliers, and working capital expenses paid or to be paid between March 1st, 2020 through October 31st, 2020.
  • Rent/mortgage payments paid or to be paid between March 1st, 2020 through October 31st, 2020.
  • Activities related to adjustment to the delivery of services, such as for PPE, equipment to enforce social distancing, touchless point of sale systems, hardware and software to adjust ordering, sales, etc
  • Equipment, supplies, and other working capital expenses necessary to participate in the City of Wichita’s “Open Streets ICT” program, enacted by ordinance August 11, 2020; or other similar ordinances or resolutions enacted by a municipality in Sedgwick County.

Doesn’t that kind of disqualify us right off the bat?

Yes, but not our member owned businesses. I only had the tweet when I posted it on the Facebook messenger app. I scheduled some time this morning to apply for several Grant and when I saw we didn’t qualify as a non-profit I figured I had already spend time on it so why not share that information with our community.

2 Likes