Slipcasting Class Request

Hello!
It was mentioned at the Ceramics meeting but I want to follow up with the forum, is anyone familiar with how to slipcast? I would love to take a class or meetup with someone that would be able to share some insight.

I’ve seen youtube videos but it’s always more helpful to have someone in person show you. I know from the meeting there were people also interested in learning how to slipcast, so if anyone wants to teach a class, there are people interested in learning.

Thanks!
T

4 Likes

I would be interested in learns as well!

1 Like

Id be interested as well

1 Like

I am by no means an expert, but I have done it and I know the basics. I’d be willing to help if needed. I’ve wanted to look through the molds again, as well. And I can bring my small molds to use in a class, because they take a short time to set up.

7 Likes

Makeict has some smaller molds as well. That would be really appreciated if you could maybe do a workshop or class. I would be willing to help set up as well.

2 Likes

Ask Devon, he has been doing some of the kiln firings in ceramics when he has time. I know he is a very busy dad and travels with his job. Ask him if he would be willing to do a class when he has time.

3 Likes

There are some small ones in the Kiln room on the shelves we can use too so you don’t have to lug things around. There’s some salt and pepper shakers we can make too :smile:

2 Likes

I would be interested as well!

1 Like