Slip Molds!

Okay so I did something a little crazy and bought over 20 slip cast molds at an estate sale… so I was wondering if I could just bring them to MakeICT and keep them with all the other slip cast molds? So then everybody gets the chance to use them! They seem pretty old and a few are cracked/chipped and they need a good cleaning. I guess i just didn’t know who to ask

4 Likes

@ScottS @pwhutchi are the current Ceramics area leads, so they are the ones whom you should talk to

2 Likes

It would be helpful if you took a sharpie marker and wrote down what each mold was. We’ve had others do the same and give us molds. There is limited space so it would be easier for the ceramic leads to know what they would want to keep for the space.

2 Likes

Its a good idea, but i dont know what most of the molds are lol

2 Likes

lol, just open them and identify the ones you can. They come apart.

1 Like

Soooo say I have a box of slip molds on top of my deep freezer, but they used to be used with porcelain. Does that make a difference? They would probably be like doll heads and stuff.

···

On Tue, Nov 22, 2022, 08:02 michelle lefavor via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| michelle MakeICT Member
November 22 |

• | - |

lol, just open them and identify the ones you can. They come apart.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

| Amlange99
November 21 |

• | - |

Its a good idea, but i dont know what most of the molds are lol

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

I don’t know if the area leads want to keep them, but i would cast some doll heads if you brought them down. Do you have the hands/ feet too? We can cast in porcelain or clay.

1 Like

It shouldn’t make a difference with the mold itself if porcelain or clay was used

2 Likes