Skoolie

Hello everyone! I’m going to be working on turning a school bus into a tiny home!!! I’ve been a fan of Make ICT from it’s beginning and even wrote an article for 360 Wichita on you guys back in the day. Unfortunately I never got around to actually getting a membership before the relocation, and now I’m not sure how to make that happen. But I’m excited to get started! I’d love to help with the relocation as well if you need it. I’m bidding on a school bus this weekend so fingers crossed I’ll get it and be able to start the conversion soon!

5 Likes

Hope you get please be sure and post your progress. Looking forward to seeing the change. Good luck.

Guys I did it… I BOUGHT A BUS TODAY!!! So excited and nervous to get started on it! I just hope my neighbors/ landlord don’t complain or I won’t have a place to park it while I convert it! Fingers crossed!

6 Likes

Super! Excited to see your progress :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats have a good time fixing!! Can’t wait for pictures!!!

6 Likes

That’s awesome, congratulations!!!

1 Like

I forget to post here very often so I wanted to let you all know you can watch my progress on my YouTube channel “Wanderlust Odyssey”. Also I’m going to need help setting up the electrical system and was wondering if anyone here could help me with that.

3 Likes

Fun project! I help weigh in on the electrical system.

Ok do you have a better way that I can contact you? I have LOTS of questions! :joy:

Very cool! Are you planning to live in it? I’d love to see some of your drawings and plans for it. I watched a few build series on YouTube like this before.

Yes my YouTube is “Wanderlust Odyssey”

2 Likes

Cool project! Lots of work ahead!
I’ve looked into this before but as an RV/Camper instead of a tiny house.
From what I’ve read, the blue birds can be insured as an RV fairly easily.
Good to see it’s insulated as the heating and cooling would be one of my concerns.
I suggest not throwing anything away until the project is complete as you may re-use it later on.
As for electrical, be mindful that you may want to run either via hookups or off-the-grid.
A lot of people use generators for off-the-grid, otherwise you can add solar and an inverter.
120vac for the appliances and 12v for lights and anything low power.
PEX tubing will make things much simpler for plumbing as well.
Best of luck with it all!

2 Likes