Size of 3d prints

I am unable to afford christmas presents for my children this year, so I’m going to make them. I’m designing a doll house in Autodesk inventor for my daughter and wanted to know how large our 3d printers can make them? I wasn’t able to locate max dimensions on the wiki.

There is a link to each printer’s info here: http://makeict.org/wiki/3D_Printing#About
The infobox on the right-hand side of the page has dimensions underneath the picture.

1 Like

I see it. Thank you, sir.

For a doll house you could use the laser to cut interlocking pieces. In fact you can buy the files online to output from.

Here is apparently 20 different doll house designs for $10.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/641021072/20-doll-houses-laser-cutting-o-router?ref=related-3

5 Likes

Yeah… they have totally cool laser doll houses… I would so do that. (Speaking as someone who might have played with dolls a long time ago.) (Oooh and even better, you could make furniture… there might have been a time when I really, really wanted some furniture for my doll house)
Or if you want it, I have a partly finished doll house in the top of my closet. It is kind of big and I am not sure if I still have all the parts (I was making it for a niece that is almost 30 now… lol… but if you want it, it is all yours… I have been working at cleaning up all the stuff that has been building up at my house and I would be glad to see it go to a good home.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m actually wanting to design my own, however. I’m thinking about going with a princess castle theme.

Good theme :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can understand that. :+1:

1 Like

The Hive reached out to me about making toys and stuffed animals for the Wichita Family Crisis Center. I don’t see a problem with donating that as well.

Cool I will bring it by after thanksgiving and we can see what it would take to make it presentable

1 Like

As I’ll be 3d printing a bunch of doll house furniture for my daughter, I’d be happy to also make some extras to donate to Wichita Family Crisis Center.

3 Likes