Sign letters assignment?

I saw our lovely textiles sign progress the other day! How are we going about distributing the letters? I would love to help.

5 Likes

There was no assigning of letters. I just started it off and was hoping that others would jump in Pick one or more letters and make something that would fall into the category of textiles. Can’t wait to see what wonders you come up with. :hugs:

4 Likes

I saw someone did the X, it looks great. @djskreativ I think you and Shirley should take one of the remaing letters and quilt the block. How about it?

1 Like

Yes, It does look awesome.

1 Like

I took the letter I

1 Like

Good morning Steve. Thanks for reaching out. I’m sure we would be more than happy to make the letter S if nobody is taking it. We would need to know what it looks like the size of the block a general idea of what’s being built. Please let me know and look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks so much Dan and Shirley.

Daniel P. Johnson, PhD
Creative Presentations
DJsKreativ@aol.com
316-641-1589

···

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 11, 2023, at 4:01 PM, Steve Owens via MakeICT Forum noreply@talk.makeict.org wrote:

| sdowens MakeICT Member
April 11 |

• | - |

I saw someone did the X, it looks great. @djskreativ I think you and Shirley should take one of the remaing letters and quilt the block. How about it?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

After Faire prep this week, I would be glad to swing by and work on the L!

3 Likes

Went by yesterday, looked at the sign and got the dimensions for the block. We will make the S

3 Likes

Great. Sorry i didn’t get back to you. I was plannimg swinging by last night, but didn’t make it in myself. So glad ypu got what you need.

If anyone else wants to give it a shot, they are roughly 11" square. Looks like we have T and E remaining.

4 Likes

Do we have someone knitting or crocheting a letter yet?

3 Likes

The “T” was made on the knitting machine and hand stitched to a piece of an old wool sweater.
The “E” is leather on leather.
The “X” is denim on light canvas.

A crocheted letter would be awesome.

4 Likes

I will do a crocheted T

4 Likes

I dont know how to do it but a cross stitch letter would be pretty.

5 Likes

I’m doing freeform embroidery and surface design for the letter I

5 Likes

Ill do the last E.

3 Likes

T almost done!

I can also switch the T pieces to be a longer T, like so:

6 Likes

I took the button collection home to work on the last E. Ill bring them back Tuesday.

4 Likes

I finished the L! I put it on the stack with the others.

10 Likes

Im almost done with the E. Its taking longer than expected. Will drop it off Saturday with the buttons

5 Likes

Finished the E

10 Likes