Sick, update, covid positive

Started feeling bad about 6:30, now 102° temp. While it may very well be an alergic reaction for all know but I am Sorry for not fully appreciating my symptoms. I think I came in contact with David Hansen, Christian, Sheldon, Devin. And his guest in the screen printing room. I was masked, but it had a vent. Yesterday I saw Jai, Johnathan (making the spalted guitar) Chris Bloom, and Doug Wilson. Was also masked.
Have had both initial shots and booster.
Will update as anything progresses

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Hoping for the best and that you feel better soon.

2 Likes

Oh no!!!

1 Like

Seems that Sedgwick County is all out of tests. Unless I can schedule one today somewhere I’ll be going to Wichita State Student Health tomorrow morning for testing

1 Like

I am told that Harvey drug has the rapid test. Their website let’s you sign up for testing too. I don’t know how accurate that info is or if you try to sign up if it’ll tell you they are out of appointments. I am going to watch for symptoms but I will probably have to get tested Wednesday or Thursday, CDC says 5-7 days after possible exposure. I’m supposed to fly to Ohio and Philly on Sunday so I’ll need to know then.

1 Like

Newton is a little far for me right now, but I’ve heard similar tale in the past concerning vaccinations when they were in high demand.

Im all vaxxed up myself. i havent noticed anything unusual about how i feel. thanks for the heads up. Our time was limited.

If you go to the lab on Oliver be prepared to wait. It took me 3 hours on Friday January 7.

I am feeling better, but not yet recovered fully.
Just tested at Wichita State, expecting results tomorrow.

3 Likes

Thank you for letting us know. Crossing all fingers your results are negative.

Assuming all who you came in contact with are expected to stay home until those results are known?

It was almost entirely distanced contact, and all masked. I’m unsure what is expected of anyone, but want you all to be able to make informed decisions

1 Like

Results came in, covid positive

1 Like

So sorry to hear that, I hope that your symptoms resolve quickly. Thanks for keeping us updated.

2 Likes

I’m headed to Winfield tomorrow for a PCR test with hopefully shorter lines than anywhere in Wichita. Looks like most places that take appointments are booked up through Friday. And yeah I’d rather drive two hours that wait in line for that long.

2 Likes

Fwiw, I didn’t study hard enough for the COVID test so I failed it.

3 Likes

OMFUG

@Christian the above five letters represent exactly what I wanted to relate. However, the forum sugests that my meaning is unclear and asks “is it a complete sentence?” then offers a single button reading “OK”. I push said button and it will not post my comment.

1. I think it’s a violation of my free speech to expect me to write in complete sentences.
  2. I don’t think our forum is qualified to qualify what is or is not a complete sentence.
  3. I BLAME YOU!
4 Likes

Aaron:

I prefer complete sentences that do not require Internet searches to see what is being said. And sometimes even the Internet search does not offer clarity. For example:

OMFUG means “OTHER MUSIC FOR UPLIFTING GOURMANDIZERS”

Bill

4 Likes

I thought OMFUG was Otters May Fling Undulating Geckos… but I didn’t google it.

4 Likes

Is that not what he meant to say? :rofl:

3 Likes