Shop Bot Class

I thought there was a class this Saturday but seems to not be there now. Can we get another class set up soon?

2 Likes

Hey Aaron @squarenuts and Doug @doug.wilson do we have any shop bot classes coming up?

yeah, whenever someone is available! depending on the cost ill pay for a solo class if need be.

I would be interested in a ShopBot class as well…

I would be interest in the shopbot class as well

There is now a Shopbot class on the calendar for Sunday October 16 at 5 PM.

2 Likes

The class did not show up on wildapricot when i looked. I did some more checks and i do not have the prerequisites according to the site. Because of this, the event is hidden. I do have woodshop authorization, and i know from talking to doug that I’m qualified to take any of his classes. Either the system needs to be updated or the classes need to be modified. The same thing happened to me with make a musical instrument last night. The system says i cannot see the page because I dont have authorization, pretty big bummer.

What page are you looking at? You should be able to see it regardless of authorizations, it just won’t let you sign up.

Looks like Aaron (@squarenuts) may have forgotten to authorize attendees after that class. It’s hard for people to sign up for the advanced woodshop classes if you don’t click the button…

I’m very sorry to any and all who have suffered from my atrocious paperwork discipline.
@Christian have corrected my err, or could you please post the date of that class so that I can do so?

It’s been sorted out. Currently running a script to catch any other classes that were missed.

2 Likes

When is the next Shop Bot class going to be offered?

Sunday October 16

https://makeict.wildapricot.org/event-4990914

You can see when the next scheduled classes are by going to the calendar http://Makeict.org/calendar

1 Like

The shopbot class says “registration closed”. Is the class full or maybe my woodshop authorization wasnt entered yet?

I see that too. I have waited weeks for this class and haven’t been able to get signed up yet. Can we increase the number of people please? I need this class to finish a project that has been on the back burner for over a month since the last class got canceled.

Based upon when I took the class I’d say there probably isn’t time during class to add more people (takes the entire time for everyone to have time on the machine). Maybe @doug.wilson can find time soon for another class?

1 Like

I’ll post another class to follow on the next week. I hope that helps.

Doug

···

On Mon, Oct 10, 2022, 2:47 PM Sherry Ibrahim via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| Sherry MakeICT Vice President
October 10 |

• | - |

Based upon when I took the class I’d say there probably isn’t time during class to add more people (takes the entire time for everyone to have time on the machine). Maybe @doug.wilson can find time soon for another class?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

| Austin MakeICT Member
October 10 |

• | - |

I see that too. I have waited weeks for this class and haven’t been able to get signed up yet. Can we increase the number of people please? I need this class to finish a project that has been on the back burner for over a month since the last class got canceled.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

4 Likes

yes, it does help I just have been working on this desktop for months. I was asking @squarenuts in mid-August on how to level this piece of work and he said the shopbot would be the best but the following week the class was full. Then I saw that there was a ShopBot class next month (September) and waited several weeks and it got canceled and now this class is full when I’m the one that requested it. I understand it’s a much sought-after class but I would love to finish my project.

1 Like

Thanks so much Doug!

A new class has been posted. I hope to see you there!

2 Likes