Sewing machine e-learning

As someone of you may know, I met a man at the Nation of Makers Conference who is building an e-learning websites in hopes of selling subscriptions to Makerspace to supplement their curriculum. So far we’ve developed (5) 5 minute lessons to supplement my Know Your Sewing Machine class. We will be testing those lessons on January 26th time TBD. So far I have @Shepard, @jwithers, and one more person I’ve chatted with in email. I have room for 7 more people, who know little to nothing about sew, we just want feedback on these supplemental lessons. This isn’t the class, I will schedule those soon on other dates. Please let me know, if you’re interested and willing to Give feedback.

1 Like

I am definitely interested in helping with feedback.

1 Like

This is currently scheduled 1230-130 in the classroom on January 26th. I’m going to ask if it can be done remotely as I have a couple interested parties that can’t be present.

I’ve requested 2 class dates the 1st and the 15th both 6-10. I will need e-mails by next Wednesday to set up accounts.

If I don’t have your email please provide that to me to set up your account this evening. If you can’t attend Saturday it’s ok and if your not taking the class that’s ok too. It’s about 10 mins of e-learning 2-5 min sessions and 3 questions per video for feed back. We will probably do this again mid February with 2-3 more lessons.

I will be in the classroom from 12:30-1:30 tomorrow to do the demo with anyone who is interested. If you can not attend but would like to watch the video and provide feed back.

Sign on: demo@soup-stone.com
Pwd: demo

Thank you for your help we truly appreciate it.

There will be 2 lessons and you can do them on-line at your convince they take about 10 mins to run.

We want to create eLearning materials that support the classroom experience, so members can jump-start their use of Maker Space tools.
We are looking for feedback related to content (not navigation), since this is a pilot.

• Did the eLearning help you to understand the parts of the sewing machine?

• What did you find most useful?

• What suggestions do you have for improving it?

• Any other comments?

• Did the eLearning help you to understand the how you would thread the top thread?

• What did you find most useful?

• What suggestions do you have for improving it?

• Any other comments?