Screenprinters needed at SWE Expo - April 22nd

Hey makers! Wichita Society of Women Engineers (SWE) has asked MakeICT to host a screenprinting booth at the engineering expo at century II on April 22nd from 9-3pm. Info is at https://wichitaengineeringexpo.org/

We’re going to be printing their expo robot logo on shirts they provide. I’m happy they thought up this idea because expo has grown to sort of a city-wide celebration of STEM and I hate when MakeICT isn’t involved but it’s tough to think of ideas for booths sometimes!

I need some screen printers. Marc and I will be there of course but if more people take a shift it’ll split up the work…

8-10 (actual event starts at 9 but we need to set up)
10-12
12-2
2-4 (event ends at 3 but we need to tear down)

If you have no screenprinting experience that’s okay, we will teach you! You just need to be physically able to stand up and smoosh ink over a screen, or run the flash dryer without burning yourself, or talk to people about how cool makeict is because we get LOTS of questions and interest!

Who’s available?

6 Likes

I’d love to help! I don’t have any screen printing experience but have worked the expo before.

2 Likes

@KRABBIT what’s the best time for you?

Can anyone else help next Saturday?

2 Likes

I could help 10-12.

2 Likes

I would prefer to work in the afternoon sometime if possible. I could do 12-2, 2-4 or both if needed!

1 Like

this is awesome! SWE has some volunteers too… they just won’t be as good at talking ABOUT MakeICT, we get lots of questions so it’s nice to have members.

So far then we’ve got…
@chris_w 10-12
@KRABBIT 12 until you get sick of us

Do we have a tablecloth or banner? I can bring the one from the entry way and flyers.

2 Likes

Here’s the event link for tomorrow:

Expo is really huge and I’m so glad MakeICT has a table this year! If you’ve got kids, bring them to century II this event is free with no pre-registration required. 9a-3p

4 Likes

I just wanted to give out a HUGE thank you to Ben Blankley, @chris_w @Mlujan and @KRABBIT for helping out at expo this year! What a huge busy day - we gave out a TON of brochures and answered a lot of questions about makeict, probably taught 200 kids how to screenprint, they got to do it themselves with a little help and they were amazed :slight_smile: It’s so cool to see their faces light up when we’d lift up the screen and there was a shirt design! We had families lined up for our booth!

Thanks SWE for the invite we’ll be back next year and THANK YOU volunteers!

6 Likes