Scrap booking

I know I haven’t done any scrap booking myself, but are there others at MakeICT that do a lot of scrap booking?

I’m curious if there would be much of an interest in a class like that… Especially with all the materials sitting in the closet of classroom 3.

2 Likes

If not scapbooking what other papercrafting things are we interested in?

2 Likes

Aside from letterpress?

Scrapbooking and bullet journaling are two different things. Every maker should learn bullet journaling, scrapbooking is a thing you really have to be into to do. There is all kinds of cutouts, and glues… special design scissors and tapes… oh the tapes.

I think there could be a serious community built around scrapbooking and caligraphy IF there was the membership to back it up. I also know there is a scrapbooking community in whicha, but I don’t have an in with it. We can offer the letterpress and bookbinding, the lasercutter and plenty of childless workspace. So we could definitely attract the community.

I am not personally into scrapbooking. I have a bujo, and I have a nice nib on a nice pen and that’s about as far as I want to go…actually that’s a lie given the number of pens and inks I have.

2 Likes

A lot of things fall under paper craft besides scrapping… origami, stamping, card making, abstract art made of paper cutouts, mixed media art and more…

2 Likes

You can never have too many fountain pens :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You can never MAKE too many fountain pens :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very nice!

And you know there is plenty of acrylic sitting in the boiler room for people to practice with…

1 Like

It would be great for making pen blanks, and would turn on the lathe just like my fountain pen. However, the rattlesnake pen starts with a thin piece of rattlesnake skin glued around the core brass tubes for the pen. It is then put in a mold (or small PVC pipe) and acrylic or polyester resin is poured in and allowed to harden. Then it is trimmed on the ends to be square to the brass tubes, then turned on the lathe much like any other pen blank.

3 Likes

I’m not a scrapbooker, but sometimes incorporate paper crafting into my projects. Mostly decorative painting (tole painting to some). I know about the supplies available. A friend of mine donated them. If it ever cools off, I’d be interested in some paper classes. Maybe, even lead one.

2 Likes

The nice thing is all of those supplies are being stored in a room that is now air conditioned

3 Likes

Saw this, though it was perfect for a short class.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZTdsnJSjF/?k=1

1 Like

Define short