Saw stop fired. Table saw down

I’ll pick up a cartridge and blade tomorrow. I don’t feel comfortable installing it.

The main reason we got a SawStop was to hear the cool stories of why it went off… !

1 Like

Are you okay? Did you get cut?

1 Like

Aren’t we supposed to be filling out an accident report when any equipment is damaged or inoperable?

1 Like

I’m fine. Nothing was damaged. I couldn’t find a saw stop today. I’ll fill out what ever you want me too

1 Like

Yes. Please fill out an incident report. They are located at the welcome center desk.

1 Like

I ordered a saw stop cartridge. It should be here today or tomorrow

2 Likes

I dropped off the saw stop cartridge and a new blade. Like I said, I don’t feel comfortable installing it.

1 Like

If nobody has installed it yet, I can do it. I have changed many at McConnell’s Wood Shop

1 Like

Good afternoon. The cartridge and blade have been installed and the saw stop is working again.

3 Likes

Thank you so much I have some wood to re-saw today! You’re a hero.

DWH

Good work!

Cool, I’m sure this is much appreciated. As an aside, I would be interested in what the main causes are of the brake being triggered at McConnell if you can share. Has it actually prevented people hurting themselves, or is it mostly inappropriate materials/conditions?

1 Like

I too am curious as to what would be triggering the sawstop.

DWH

1 Like

I haven’t seen the incident report yet but I spoke with @doug.wilson last night and it appears it may have been plastic (polycarbonate or acrylic).

1 Like

Any word on the replacement brake? I’m happy to show you how.

Well Christian, this is a long story show up so I will do it in two parts. The first incident happened to buy me and I got in a little bit too much of a hurry I was trying to measure with a tape measure and moved the offense to where I wanted it that blade of saw was probably rotating it about one revolution per minute my hand was far out of the way holding the tape measure like you do when you measure measure as soon as the tape measure touch the saw blade it set it off so it was reading my finger that far away.

On the second occasion the person was sawing wood that was actually from his grandfather’s Farm straight off the tree so the curved edge of the wood was on the table. What happened is is he was pushing would through had his finger on the edge of the tree and when it cut all the way through his finger went into the saw because the edge of the wood went down towards the tabletop. It put a little bitty Mark and his finger but it wasn’t any bigger than a pinhole. I hope that makes enough sense if I can clarify any more just ask. By the way Christian thanks for all you do to make make ICT as success

in case it ever happens again they sell the cartridges at the Big Tool Store on k-15 and Patriot

2 Likes

Very good to know.
DWH

1 Like