Saw dust disposal

I’m having a hard time finding the large trash bags used to move the saw dust from the collector to the trash bin outside. Where can I find something larger than 33 gallon bags?

1 Like

Have you checked both the janitorial supply closet and the stash of cleaning supplies in the Garage/maintenance area?

2 Likes

I just found thicker ones in the janitorial closet, thanks.

At first, all I could find was the thin clear plastic bags. I knew those would rip one the way out….

2 Likes

Christopher, and any others reading this,

Please NEVER transfer dust into bags or other receptacles for disposal.

The proper procedure is to dump directly into dumpster. This goes for the large collector barrels, 5 gallon collector buckets, individual wet/dry-vacs, cans that have been used for dust,
And any other receptacle for dust. None are to be combined or bagged, but dumped directly into the dumpster. Please be respectful of people near the dumster by warning them of possible hazard materials exposure, and giving them time to evacuate the area. This would also be a great time to wear a mask!

If for any reason you are unable to empty any such receptacle and there is noone available to assist, please use the back up barrel (which should be solely reserved for the dust collector) and leave the full barrel undusturbed. Furthermore, please attach a note, email woodshop@makect.org or ask for assistance here on the forums.

If you wish to bag dust for your own use, this must be done outside away from any entrance or open windows. Please be aware that dust may contain unknown and hazardous materials including glues, finishes, and toxic wood varietals and therefore may be inappropriate for pet-bedding, burning, or agricultural and other uses.

Thank you very much, and happy making!

5 Likes

Good to know. This will make disposal much quicker.

3 Likes