SandBlaster got blasted, and I did it.

hi, eric ott here. i was using the sandblaster thingie the other night, and the air hose inside the cabinet connecting directly to the nozzle gun thingie blew up and now has a big hole in it. when that happened, it was really loud, and i kinda flinched, and when i did that, the right glove popped out from the frame.

all. my. fault.

i meant to leave a note explaining as such, but i forget to because my memory is bloody awful. i told several people on hand who were getting ready for maker monday so at least some people would know, but i totally forgot to leave a note.

i just remembered, and now that’s why i am here.

I AM SORRY! DON’T HATE ME!!

1 Like

Did you also email the lead @JeremiahB ?

Kim told me and I fixed it on Monday.

Paul found the sand blaster in disarray, and went ahead and fixed it. Obviously at the time we had no idea who did it, or what happened. Thanks for the post. In the future please email metalshop@makeict.org immediately so we can stay on top of things like this.

2 Likes

Inspired by this and other events I will probably include a blurb in the next newsletter about what to do if you break a machine. Notification is a key step. There are some emails that everyone should know if you’re using an area:

metalshop@makeict.org
woodshop@makeict.org
fablab@makeict.org

And when all else fails, info@makeict.org

Also leave a note on the machine with your name and contact information and as much information as you can muster. We’ll never hate you for breaking something! At least, not the first time :slight_smile: