Running Textiles by committee

I really haven’t spent as much time in textiles as I would like to. I’d really like to test out the running the area by committee program. If you are interested in being on the textile committee please let me know. We need to start planning for our new home and what the future of textiles will look like.

3 Likes

I would like to work on your committee.

2 Likes

@Malissa
I’d like to help when I can. After the first of the year.

2 Likes

I’m starting to put together a layout for the new space at Booth I’d like to keep it a flex space like we have at Douglas. I’d like to transform the shelf units we have to ironing/ cutting stations like the table we currently have and add a changing room in the shelf wall area. I have a layout from the past that was for 1000 ft (https://talk.makeict.org/t/the-future-is-textiles/1420/4) but we’re only getting 780 feet so some adjustments need to be made. I’ve been looking for images but nothing is grabbing my attention. I’d like the space to work for projects both big and small and fit future machine needs of quilting and embroidery.

1 Like

Technology and I aren’t working well together today. the Box X are electrical outlets 1 per symbol. There are 4 regular sewing stations and 2 large project sewing stations. My idea would be to have shelving below each station to store machines for that station. Station 5 could be used as 2 regular stations for sewing classes increasing the student number to 7. I’ve placed the 2 current shelf units I plan to turn into ironing stations and current table with electrical drops above so iron cords can be suspended from the ceiling and place quilt machine and embroidery machine in the future.

Some inspirational pictures348s (1)

1 Like

There was a lady I gave a tour to, chatted with, and signed her key form last night that is VERY knowledgable about sewing, specifically quilting and she is excited to chat with you and seemed like she would be interested in being apart of your committee and teaching classes, so you’ve got another headed your way, too! She even talked about teaching a top hat and other hat classes as well!

1 Like

To answer your question on the other post. I posted the updated floor plan here. I know confusing, I’m heads not clear.

1 Like

Where is the new quilting machine going to go in there?

That why Textiles and Screen Printing shouldn’t cohabitate. The ironing tables can go against the wall and it can go in their spot.

I didnt realize they were still cohabitating…