Rocks and lapidary auction

https://www.equip-bid.com/auction/23836

5 Likes

Good looking out Scott.

3 Likes

Hope you find some awesome stuff

3 Likes

There are some absolutely beautiful stones going for cheap.

Ill go as far as to say if a member got one of these lots of stones only for 1 or 2 pieces and have yet to get authorized on the lapidary machinery yet I would do their authorization class for free if they donated a chunk of the undesirable stones for other members to work on.

4 Likes

What are some of your favorite lots that would be best for cabbing? I’d love to get some to play around with, but don’t know enough to know what to pick.

3 Likes

I honestly only made it partially through the list. Any large stones and pre-slabbed would be ideal and more bang for the buck. I think i saw slabbed tigers eye that is always an eye catcher.

I would stay away from smaller stones unless you want to try making a tiny cab.

3 Likes

There are also a few lapidary machinery.

2 Likes

There is, and that giant slab saw would be fabulous for the shop if i had the space.

All the old cabbing equipment would be great for someone setting up a home shop. Old stuff is bulletproof and simple to repair and maintain. Everything is going cheap so far.

6 Likes

Has anyone bid on anything yet? I see it closes tomorrow but I wouldn’t want to outbid another member.

2 Likes

So far, I’ve only bid on lot #183. But I need to look some more tonight.

2 Likes

I keep waffling on a few lots, but so far i haven’t myself. I’m eyeing slabs and some of the bigger chunks personally.

2 Likes

Hey Michael! I got some flats from the auction of some really nice stones. I’m going to pick what I want but if you would like to schedule a time to go through them I would love to do that! My husband and I are still interested in doing the class :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@manderson

Of course, i stand by my word. How is your Saturday looking?

2 Likes

I too have a few lots to pick up today muahahaha…

Wife gets first pick though.

2 Likes

I also won a few lots that I need to pick up and go through. MakeICT is welcome to all the leftovers of my lots.

3 Likes

What do you call a wheel made out of rocks?

The rolling Stones

···

On Thu, Jun 1, 2023, 13:44 Scott Sullivan via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| ScottS MakeICT Member
June 1 |

• | - |

I also won a few lots that I need to pick up and go through. MakeICT is welcome to all the leftovers of my lots.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

4 Likes

Ok now I’m curious what everyone got. I snagged the giant rose quartz ( I think that’s what that is. The big one is for my wife for her birthday. I also got a box of assorted polished stones (found these two awesome rocks the grandkids keep trying to steal. Lamy Safari for scale) and a box of granite bases.

···

On Thu, Jun 1, 2023, 14:13 James Seymour <james.a.seymour@makeict.org> wrote:

What do you call a wheel made out of rocks?

The rolling Stones

On Thu, Jun 1, 2023, 13:44 Scott Sullivan via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| ScottS MakeICT Member
June 1 |

• | - |

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

2 Likes

Gahh I got outbid on all mine and wasn’t fast enough to bid again. If anyone has extra they want to sell, I’m just looking for anything to play around with.

2 Likes

I won a few lots. I’m sure there are a few pieces that I am planning on donating so there will be several samples to play around with.

6 Likes

I would say that is rose quartz. If it looks like what chopped ham would look like fossilized it’s usually rose quartz.

4 Likes