Riverfest 2022 - Sundown Parade - Wanna Do Something?

I’m down! I’ll help however I can!

1 Like

Brad and Rusty both seemed into it. I think we need to look into it for sure.

Does anyone remember Burma Shave signs? I wonder if we could do something like that for the parade?

1 Like

Here is a link to the application:

https://www.cognitoforms.com/WichitaFestivalsInc/_2022RiverfestSafeliteAutoGlassSundownParade

I’d like to throw on my MakeICT shirt and walk in the parade with y’all.

1 Like

I can get us signed up but I can’t pay for it

How much is registration?

$156.40

We should get 5 free Riverfest buttons with that… but everyone who is in the parade must wear a button.

Ok. So we are gonna do this parade. Our first thought on the parade is to do Making through the last 50 years (same 50 years as the Riverfest has been happening.)

So we have one troupe of folks with making from the 1970’s (and possibly vintage clothing…) Things like the following

• Tie Dye
  • Macrame
  • String Art
  • Shopsmith?
  • Etc.

Then do a group from the 80s with 80s making
and a group from the 90s with 90s making

Finally a group from the 2020’s with 2020’s making.
Is Saturday afternoon at 2:00pm a good time to get started?

I created a meeting for us on Saturday at 2:00pm in the Lounge. Come help us plan the parade group!

1 Like

Ok… sadly we have a lot of people that are gonna have to pull out of this to work on the Maker May event. Unless I get a strong group of people wanting to lead the charge on this, I expect to cancel.

1 Like

Need to delete?

I’ll be there, but it sounds like there’s pretty limited interest in doing this.

Doubt anyone will show… if they do I recruit them :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not confident that we have the bandwidth at the moment for a back-to-back event.

2 Likes

People just want to be told what to do and show up. If someone will make a form tell people to pick a decade and what they should do for that decade I bet people will sign up.