Resin/epoxy countertop pour and printing

Hello guys, does anyone know if we are going with resin for the countertops at the front desk and when I’d like to help. Also I couldn’t print a paper copy ? Are we not allowed to print anymore?

Yes we are planning an epoxy pour for the counter. We’re waiting on resources $$$. We’ll try to post when we’re ready. It maybe a bit.

…are you ready for the epoxy?

And do you have a link to the epoxy you want to use?

Do we want a thick coat ? How about we make an event or class and buy it with the money we raise, I’m sure many of us want to be there. And we can have small molds and other projects ready to use up the waste epoxy. Participants will want to start ordering small molds and finding insects or whatever else they desire to use for the molds🤠 … just an idea

2 Likes

Is there a lot of folks intrested in epoxy casting?

A few people have talked about getting materials together to do a resin casting class. I think Wes was one of the people involved with that.

1 Like

Well let’s not muck up this thread with that. But I am working on the resin casting counter in the ERP Lab. so let’s move that discussion to a thread there and we can talk about what groovy colors we are putting on the countertop.

And LEDs? Will there be LEDs?

3 Likes

We are not quite ready… still prepping the surface. Yes we know what product we plan to use.

That’s great!

Then you can fund raise for the epoxy!

Howdy Yall. I plan on doing the class for the front counter resin, and have already planned on using it as a fundraiser to pay for (or recoup) costs for the resin. It will not be a deep pour resin, It will have a flood coat, and a top coat. Hit me up for more details.

6 Likes

Please get with me on the details Ralph - bowbdd@yahoo.com. Had to make a run to WA but will get materials on order and shipped to you.

I would be interested in taking a class to help offset the cost. I have a couple of pieces of wood that I would like to make a wood/resin bottle openers.

Hello All! The time has finally come, I have the epoxy, and bought the rest of the glitter the other day. Have yall seen the sample I left on the front counter? Its under the sign that says “new surface coming soon”. Id like to schedule this in the next few weeks for a pour demonstration, and will need a few helpers. Whats good for everyone?

6 Likes

Also, I know some are interested in resin casting, but for that you would need a deep pour epoxy. this product isnt made for that purpose. Id gladly supply links to where i get my epoxy from. They also sell a deep pour product.

1 Like

Sounds like a plan!

Would we need to worry about ventilation with that much epoxy?

Any word on a go time? I’d love to help and see your techniques!

3 Likes

I’m ready, willing and able to help. Evenings or weekends are best for me.

1 Like

I keep hoping someone will do a resin casting class on the weekend

1 Like

I’ve casted many resin products here at home for this or that. Would be delighted to lend a hand for your project. I work for myself and am quite busy, but I can usually manipulate my schedule easily.

1 Like

Greetings all,
Thank you for bearing with me, work has been absolutely bonkers. I would like to schedule the pour demonstration for August 28 at 10 am. Can anyone help me figure out how to post it to our public calender? Looking forward to seeing everyone.

2 Likes