Repair 3d printer

I have a rip rap 3d clone prusa got it put together but I am still un able to get the drn thing working properly i got it to power on fans work bed works
Hot end don’t
Z axis does x is flaky y works
Pinda works
I’m at a stand still with this just can’t make it work.
X will turn with knob
But grinds when I try to home

Need a person who i can pay to fix this printer im loosing my mind over it

Was this a kit? Or a DIY deal? When I built mine, I had a couple flaky stepper drivers that gave me quite the frustrating weekend, until I bought a couple replacements.

Hopefully @Christian will correct me if I’m wrong, but when powered on/engaged, you shouldn’t be able to turn the stepper motors “easily”.

What are you using to “test it”? I used Pronterface and it was pretty good at running it through its paces.

1 Like

I sourced all the parts individually
I turned it on and went to home
It moved just a bit left but would not home
I can fully move it using move axis feature
Frustrating!

That is correct. If the stepper motors are enabled they should generally lock to prevent losing position, though I believe this behavior is configurable for axes that hold position without the extra help.

@Frank If the X-axis works when manually positioning via the the menu, but has issues with homing my first suspicion would be an issue with the limit switch on that axis. If it’s not going all the way to the home position it could be a short, a loose wire, or a faulty switch. It could also be an issue with step/speed/acceleration settings for that axis. What do you mean by “grinding”? Is it making noise while moving, making noise while not moving, physically grinding against something?

I could probably take a look at it with you if you want. Just shoot me a PM.