Renaissance Faire - call for vendors and volunteers

The renaissance faire is in two weeks. Sept 30th and Oct 1st.

Who all would like to vend at the event? There are a couple open spots this time if there are people that have been interested in giving vending a shot. You’ll have enough space for a 6ft table to setup your wares on. Please let me know what you are vending so that I can let the event organizers know and possibly offer suggestions to help your products sell.

We are also looking for volunteers to help with the ‘make and take’ projects. We’re doing simpler popsicle stick catapults this time with some laser cut pieces.

Additionally, we are in need of volunteers for setup, tear down, and the siege weapon competition. I would like to get a practice session in with anyone interested in the siege weapon contest next Saturday around 10am.

3 Likes

What is the cost if I wanted a table? I’d be vending ceramics.

1 Like

It might help to ask in a newsletter to the entire membership.

There is no charge for a spot in the booth, but you are limited to a 6ft table for space, and may be asked to help other 1st time vendors.

We have spots for a total of 5 vendors before it gets a bit too packed in the tent. Just like in the past, preference will be given to first time vendors.

If a message is sent out, it might be a blurb from wild apricot to active members instead of a formal newsletter since that would open the invite to non-members as well.

3 Likes

Can that email include the election that is 4 days away? Is there anyone that has accepted a nomination?

1 Like

I’d rather that be a separate message.

• I won’t be able to take off work to do setup on the 29th, but I can help after 5pm-ish?
  • Will help with tear down.
  • Not sure about vending at this moment, but I am working on a costume to wear while hanging out at the booth. :slight_smile:

I’m interested in a table. Please sign me up. Ceramics would be my thing. Do I need to bring my own table or does makeict provide them?

5 Likes

I heard MakeICT may be short on tables right now. I have two 6’ folding tables to loan if anyone needs one.

5 Likes

Do I need to register.fill out a form for a table? What time do I need to be there to set up.

2 Likes

Sorry for the delayed response. There isn’t a form to fill out for a table, just a tax form afterwards.

I’ll probably be around Thursday evening if you have questions, but we’ll probably be loading up the big stuff around 11:30am on Friday to take out to the faire grounds. The tent usually goes up quick, but the castle does take a lot of hands to raise.

I’d like to stage everything Thursday night for easier and less chaotic load up on Friday. (also a good time to come to the makerspace and volunteer by helping clean and organize)

A hand full of people have offered to help out with setup and tear down, but we’re open to more help, especially from our new members!

2 Likes

I’ll be helping with the setup on Friday.

1 Like

FYI: If you are wanting to go to Ren Fest, if you come help out at the booth - you get free entry.

2 Likes

Josie & I could take a shift at a table for a couple hours if we need coverage.

2 Likes

I am working on kid made catapults. I would love Jose and you to come spell me! (Plus, it should be fun!)

2 Likes

Heads up…

Looks like it’s going to be hot and sunny this weekend…

Please remember to wear sunscreen and drink plenty of water!

If I ask if you have had anything to drink and you say no, please get some water or Gatorade to drink immediately. Keeping hydrated prevents mid-faire migraines!

The plan is still to load up at 11:30 today.

3 Likes

I’m not going to be able to set up or do anything like I planned and was looking forward to, My friend Kassie Passed away last week and her family is having a service for her Saturday.

2 Likes